A little elbow grease

So I have unintentionally kept you guys in the dark through this whole home remodeling business. Probably because I was busy, you know, remodeling a home. But here is at least something to share! The exterior of my house is by no means done and pretty and where I want it to be. I mean, these pictures include a yard with a (freshly torn out sidewalk sized) gaping mud pit. If that’s not an appropriate description, I don’t know what is. But on this past beautiful Sunday I bought myself some paint and got a little pinterest creative by painting my shutters and front door, buying an adorable door mat and even whipping up a front door wreath.

Here is the house before. It’s a little hard to see a difference in the before and after because it was so bright, but the shutters are maroon and the front door is white.


Now the shutters are black and the front door is a robin’s egg blue. I was a little nervous at how this would turn out, but I think it’s really cute and fresh! IMAG0931

I saw the idea on Pinterest of painting the house numbers in the center of the door and loved it. In theory, it was very simple. I just traced it on with a pencil and then painted it in with black paint. I found out through this project that I don’t have a very steady hand and painting precisely is not my specialty. The saying for my house has become, “oh thanks, it did turn out beautifully, just don’t look too closely.” So it only makes sense that the painted house numbers would go right along with that motto.




That door mat is from Walmart by the way and it only cost me $12. Booyah.

And finally, here is the wreath that I “made.” It was so simple I almost can’t even say that. I bought some flowers, arranged them and went to town with my trusty hot glue gun. I had some extra burlap so I looped it around the wreath, hung a 3M hook upside down on the inside of the door and that was that. I think it cost me $13 total.


As is obvious in this situation, a little bit of money and some TLC can make a big impact! I will work on getting some pictures posted of the inside of the house and some projects that I’m working on in the meantime.


My new love interest

Most of you know by now (because I’m pretty sure only my friends look at this blog and would have seen it on Facebook) that I got to pick up my new sweet girl yesterday. She is a 9 week old lab/boxer mix and I named her Yadi after Yadier Molina-duh.

Yadi and me


Yadi car

She was an angel on her first night and I could only be so lucky to have a repeat on night two. She slept all the way through the night until 6 AM and by the grace of God she didn’t make any messes in the house (I know that won’t last). We originally thought she would be around 60 pounds but after judging the size of her puppy paws, I’m thinking it’s more in the 90 pound area. Holy horse dog. Anyway, hopefully Yadi and I will be moving into the house within a couple weeks, so we will start our journey together!

Ok, one more picture. I can’t resist!

 Yadi room

signature 2